Mac on Windows + ios SDK & X-code on windows 7
X-code SDK - Hardik patel's Blog img 1
The TechExxpert guide has been updated to fully allow Xcode 4.1 to work. that the past fixes did not work.
Please let me know if this guide works/doesn't work.This guide has been modified ..
The following steps involve installing a virtual machine on your PC, updating the virtual machine to 10.7 , then running the machine and downloading and installing the iOS SDK and Xcode on to the virtual machine.
There are other ways to install OS X on your machine but they involve creating a new partition and installing the Operating System directly to your hard drive. Those ways are much harder and have more confusing steps that could potentially damage your computer. This method is easier and safer to use.
The process will take 2-3 hours, but most of the time is consumed by large downloads. There's no software to buy or developer fees to pay.
1. Follow the steps : here to download and install a virtualized version of OS X Lion on your PC.
2. If you don't have a free Apple Dev Account, create one here. You'll need this to be able to download Xcode 4.1 for free. In OS X, open the App Store and download Xcode. You can view progress of the download under the Purchases tab.
3. Once the progress bar is finished, it will say it is installed but it really isn't. Open the Applications folder from Finder. Double-click on the Install Xcode icon
4. Follow the on-screen directions then wait for the installation to finish.
5. Once it's done, it should open by itself. If it doesn't, you will NOT find the iPhone SDK in your dock. You will need to open your hard drive. Then Click on Developer, then on Applications.
7. You will now see an icon for Xcode, click it and you can start coding applications.
Here to download and install a virtualized version of OS X Lion on your PC
A laptop or desktop computer that supports virtualization (most newer computers do).
At least 1 GB of RAM (the more, the better).
VMWare Workstation (this is a paid program but a little research will get you it for free).
VMWare Hard Drive (vmx files, it is in a self-extracting .exe file)
OS X Lion (VMDK File)
Before you start, make sure that you have enabled Virtualization in the BIOS of your computer. This is usually disabled by default by computer manufacturers.
Video tutorial : Available
1. From the file downloaded, double click on Mac OS X Lion VMware Files.exe. Click Run thenYes. This will decompress the files.
2. Once done, a folder named Mac OS X Lion VMware Files will appear, double click it.
3. You will need to follow the instructions in this video to unlock VMWare. Instead of using the files from the video, use the files from Step 2.
4. From Step 1, you should have also gotten a folder named Mac OS X Lion. Open that up and open the file named Mac OS X Lion.vmx. Double-click this file. It will open in VMWare Workstation.
5. On the left column, click on Edit Virtual Machine Settings. In the Memory tab, you can edit how much RAM OS X will get. In the Sound tab, change to Specify host sound card, change it to your sound card. After the machine has started and sound doesn't work, change to Use default host sound card.
6. At the bottom of the box is an Add button, click it. Select Hard Disk from the left, click Next. Choose Use and existing virtual disk.
7. Browse for the Mac OS X Lion Installer.vmdk that was downloaded from the torrent. ClickFinish. Click OK to close the box.
8. On the left column, click Power on this virtual machine.
9. If a box asks to repair the image, click Repair. Once the box comes up, click I copied it, clickOK. A message about the CD Drive may come up, just click OK.
10. The machine should power up in a few moments, ready to go. For ease of use, click in VMWare Workstation, click File > Add to Favorites.
11. You should now have a Install Mac OS X screen. At the top, click Utilities then Disk Utility. Select the 42.45 GB Hard Disk. Click on the Erase tab. Now you can name your hard drive what you want. Then click on Erase. Click Erase again.
12. Once the process is done, close out of the Disk Utility box, the Install screen will come back up. Click Continue, Agree. Select the 40GB Hard Disk to install Lion. Click Install. The process will take about 30 minutes. Once it's done, the account setup will start. Once that's done, Lion will start.
13. To be able to use the machine in full screen, in OS X open Preferences, click on Displays. Now select the resolution of your monitor. Now in VMWare, click on the Full Screen button on the toolbar (10th button from the left).
14. Now you're done, you can use this OS as a normal to install programs.
copyright holder : techexxpert
For educational purposes only.
"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."